І. For the calculation of statistical inflation rate, the rubric «Inflation and Consumer Price Indices» and the Inflation Calculator published under the said rubric on the internet webpage of the National Statistics Institute shall be used.
http://www.nsi.bg/-˃ Inflation and Consumer Price Indices -˃ Inflation Calculator
ІІ. For the calculation of statistical inflation rate, data is required to be entered as start and end dates. The respective period shall be entered on monthly basis.
ІІІ. When calculating the statistical inflation rate, for initial date (month) shall be the last formed price of entering into force and for the end of period shall be the date (month) of the price increase application, respectively.
ІV. Regulatory limitations to the increase of the prices of medicinal products:
1. For medicinal products sold “on medical prescription”:
- increase can be requested no earlier than 12 months after approval of the final price/ceiling price;
- no increase of the price/ceiling price can be applied for with a larger percentage than the statistical inflation rate for the period following the last formed ceiling price.
2. For medicinal products sold “without medical prescription”:
- for a period of one year from the Regulation entering into force a marketing authorisation holder or his authorised representatives cannot apply for increase of the registered prices of medicinal products sold without medical prescription with a larger percentage than the statistical inflation rate for the duration of the last registered price.
03.09.2015 Methodological Recommendations for presented documentation for assessment of the efficacy, safety, and pharmacoeconomic parameters of medicinal products applying for inclusion in the Positive Drug List.